Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Where Do You Think You Most Belong?

 This morning I came across an interesting quesiton in an online class that I was following.

The question was:   Where do you think you most belong?


As I was trying to grasp the meaning of the question, I realized that the answer to this question has changed over the years. Maybe as it should.  


However,  the difference or range of all of the places, groups and ideas that I thought I belonged to really changed over the years. As I grew and as I changed. In a way.   


At times I was surprised to find myself in a group of engineers, at times with a meditation group in England or a group in Japan. And many more. They all seemed to point out the path that I have walked along the way and although they were different, I came to acknowledge that all of them define a part of me, all of them were about the things that I wanted to 'touch'.



The journey of discovering ourselves continues every day. With ups and downs.  With new awakenings, with unconscious knowledge becoming conscious, with simplified desires, as well as more defined preferences. With more detailed expectations and with letting go of expectations. With gratitude, as well as regrets.  All seems to make up what we call the ever changing living.


...


My journey with this question of belonging will probably continue as well.


No comments: