Thursday, March 12, 2009

Old and New


This week I am re-reading some old books. Actually I have been doing this a lot in the last few months. A few days ago I went to the Remzi Bookstore in Akmerkez. This is something I usually do every few days when I am in Istanbul.

There are many new books out, fiction and non-fiction. I was tempted to buy many, but I kept my promise to read my old books. I am reading mostly Norman Vincent Peale. Also, Louise Hay and Esther and Jerry Hicks. I thought that I knew some of these books by heart. I seem to discover something new each time I read them again.

Also in the last few days I was not reading, but looking at some of the books by Paulo Coelho. This week I seem to have too much to say, which means I will not be able to. Not yet. This is a week I need to let someone else speak. And I love it when Coelho does that…

From Paulo Coelho:

- It is enthusiasm for your work that you will find the gate to Paradise, the love that transforms and the choice that leads us to God

- Happiness is sometimes a blessing, but usually it is a conquest. Each day’s magic moment helps us to change and sends us off in search of our dreams.

- Surrendering completely to love, be it human or divine, means giving up everything, including our own well-being or our ability to make decisions, it means loving in the deepest sense of the word.

- Love is an act of faith in another person and its face is wrapped in mystery. It must be experienced and enjoyed at every moment, but as soon as we try to understand it, the magic vanishes.

- We tend always to value those things that come from far away, never recognising the beauty around us.

- When we are on the right path, we follow the signs, and if occasionally we stumble, Divinity comes to our aid, preventing us from making a mistake.

- Have faith. Believe that it is possible and you will begin to change the reality around you.

- True devotion only appears when we have a desire and we will die if we do not achieve that desire.

- Faith: Before going into battle, you must believe in the reasons for the fight.

- True love can withstand separation.

- When a beginner knows what he needs, he proves more intelligent than an absent-minded sage.

- The only way to make the right decision is by knowing what is the wrong decision, by examining the other path fearlessly and boldly, and only then deciding.

- Love is a challenge, an invisible fire.

- We tend not to value the things we do every day, but they are what transform the world around us.

- A warrior knows that his best teachers are the people with whom he shares the battlefield.

- The Way involves respect for all small and subtle things. Learn to recognise the right moment to adopt the necessary attitudes.

- What does learning mean: accumulating knowledge or transforming your life?

- Every search is an act of faith.

*

This week surround yourself with beautiful objects and images and be thankful for what life brings.

With love and light,

Zeynep


Angel of the Week: Delight

Affirmation of the Week:
“I centre myself in safety and accept the perfection of my life. All is well.”
By Louise L. Hay

Quote of the Week:
“As above, so below. As within, so without.”

Zeynep’s Book Recommendation:
“Creative Visualization” By Shakti Gawain
The Turkish translation of the book may be found under the name “Yaratıcı İmgeleme”.