Friday, June 27, 2008

I thank you Water - I respect you Water - I love you Water



On the way to the contemplation garden in the Cluny Hill campus of The Findhorn Foundation in Scotland, there is a man-made pond. It is a small pond that seems to capture a different kind of energy. Near the pond written on the rocks and pebbles, you can read the words “I thank you Water; I respect you Water; I love you Water” in English and in many other languages. This reminded me of Masaru Emoto’s books.

I have an English copy of “The Secret Life of Water” in Fethiye.

In this book Emoto shares a story when he almost drowned when he was six or seven years old:

* “When I went home and told my mother what has happened, she gave me some advice based on her own ability to swim and her understanding of water. ‘You can float if you just give in,’ she said. She told me that if I let the water lift me instead of trying to resist it, it would pick me up and carry me.”

And Masaru Emoto continues to share. I would like to do the same:

* “... About 70 percent of our bodies are water. This is the case for adults of all races, and it is why people should not be divided by political strategies and ideologies. Just like water, people must always be allowed to flow freely. ... The desire for peace and prayers of love cannot be contained within borders. Differences in skin colour or language are easily overcome when hearts resonate together, creating a new flowing wave ....”
* “When we start to compare our happiness with that of others, we soon start resonating with the hado of unhappiness. As long as we search for happiness from outside, then it’s unlikely that true happiness can ever be found.”
* “The search for happiness is ultimately and simply a search for self. You can go searching for it in distant lands, but you’ll only find it in the palm of your hand.”
* “One treatment suggested for people with cancer is ‘life-purpose treatment.’ By finding a purpose in life –giving speeches, climbing a mountain, laughing – the immune system is revitalized and the cancer often goes into remission. It’s now common knowledge in the medical community that your mind has an enormous impact in your body.”
* “For a business to succeed, it needs to focus on what is selling well, what’s most effective, and what they do best.”
* “ Thank you.
Let’s do it.
I love you.
Beautiful.
Well done. “ Water exposed to these words from beautiful crystals. Make sure that you use these words for yourself and for people and kids you come in contacts with, for an internal health and happiness.
*“The words that make beautiful crystals from the water that flows through your body are the words that fill you with a gentle feeling of peace.”
*“The ability of the spoken word to give life is much more powerful than we can imagine.”
*“Unless we can become one with the unlimited existence, we will never find true happiness.”
* “Many of the problems that we have not even started to solve require careful resolves and bold action. And what will be necessary for us to arrive at solutions? The answer is circulation.”

*-*-*

Masaru Emoto’s story reminded me of a time when I almost drowned when I was seven. I was in the summer swimming school and it was the beginning of my second week. I had learned to swim very quickly and they had moved me up 2 levels to another group in just one week.

Well, I believe that one of my beliefs that advancing rapidly and quickly is not good (even lethal) must have been influenced by what I lived through. That day I almost drowned if it was not for a teacher who realized what was going on and saved me from the bottom of the pool of the school under some platforms set for the students in the pool. I remember after being hit by the feet of some students practicing who did not see me, I remember sinking into the water or let me rephrase – floating with no clear sense of direction, which in Newtonian terms means sinking.

I made it. And I kept on swimming. However, this incident which I remembered in 2004 for the first time after 26-27 years, have been coming to my mind quite often lately. And finally I feel like I know what it wants to say:

There in this swimming school, I was very good. I had learned to swim very well and very quickly. My teachers realized this rapid advancement and they wanted to support me and acknowledge that and took me to a group 2 levels up from my beginning level. So I had started in Group 4 and in one week I was told to join Group 2 with good swimmers.

This is good so far. However, there was one point my teachers missed. I was not experienced. I had learned fast and well and I was able to apply the new knowledge. Yet, when I was by coincidence, by an unthinkable situation of not being seen by students of a lower level practicing the use of their legs in water, when I was under the influence of the waves made by 40-50 kids and under the direct influence of some those legs, I could not protect myself. And of course one thing my teachers might have also missed, I was near sighted and I was not able to see and realize that these kids were about the start to practice as I was getting out of the pool.

Many of my friends know that I like being well prepared, really well prepared. I do not like accidents and I do not like being in circumstances I am not very qualified at. People many times tell me to do things because I am very good at it; And I usually can find many excuses that I need to more of this and more of that to be qualified. When I feel ready, I am successful; but it takes time for me to accept my competence. I believe, I strongly believe, that this drowning experience has some effect.

I do not remember the name of the teacher who saved me. I only remember that I later learned that he was a friend of my piano teacher at the time, a friend of Faris Akarsu. I also remember that teacher in his wet clothes; he must have jumped into the pool with his clothes on.

... Just a short event that took place in a summer some 31 years ago. Which I almost totally forgot and of which I was reminded slowly...

*

I would like to remind parents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters - be careful in the sea and the swimming pools. Make sure that your kids, relatives and friends know how to swim well and please keep a close eye on the kids.

At Cornell University, the university that I went to in Ithaca, New York, it was compulsory to know how to swim in order to graduate. I remember that quite a lot of friends from the USA and all around the world learned to swim after they started college. They had to – in order to graduate. If you do not know how to swim, how about starting to learn this summer? For yourself and for the ones you love.


With lots of light and love,
Zeynep



Affirmation of the Week:
“I am open channel for creative energy. I get rid of clutter and clear the energy around me.”
Gerd Ziegler

Quote of the Week:
“Every decision, even the ones considered wrong give us feelings of peace.”
Rita Mae Brown

Zeynep’s Movie Recommendation of the Week:

“What The Bleep Do We Know!? Down the Rabbit Hole.”
This movie is available in Turkish and also with Turkish subtitles and the Turkish title of the movie is “Biz Ne Biliyoruz ki!? Tavşan Deliği“.